Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Tuesday night....in march

I would say, as a blanket and generally accepted statement, that life, overall, never quite goes as you would expect.
I am a prime example of such a phenomenon.



I, as a newly wed, doting wife, NEVER expected to end up living with my In-Laws in my husband's refinished high school bedroom.
While some may say this would be your personal last resort, for Lawrence and I, it was a relatively easy decision....
We needed a place temporarily to live....and they agreed.

Before anyone gets nervous about how awkward a situation such as ours can be, let me assure you, we do have our own space (like I said, his old bedroom), and Lawrence's parents are rarely here due to a Crazy work schedule for each of them. And furthermore, they are two of the kindest, most generous people I know.

But I will not deny.....the whole situation is nothing less than unexpected.

Cooking, therefore, has been my little bit of normalcy. Everyday I march myself into that kitchen and decide....what I will make for my little, slightly unconventional family for dinner....and I do it.

Last night was Homemade PIZZA!!!
Is there anything better, really, than homemade pizza? Its warm and the cheese is perfect. AND you have the absolute decision of what to put on that, most likely, fattening, delicious pie.
Not to mention the fact that you don't have to pay some silly teenager money to drop it at your front door for you. Perfection.

(disclosure: this is not to discredit any who have or do work as a delivery person... I am often very thankful for your laborious work.)

So, usually I use homemade dough made straight from my lovely bread maker....which is now in my parents basement in the stack of the rest of our life that is temporarily unnecessary. Yesterday I settled for Pillsbury rolled dough, which for all intensive purposes, worked perfectly.
Basically I rolled out two pizzas on to the pan and let them rise while I got the ingredients ready.
  • sauce ( i used leftover alfredo and canned tomato)
  • Pizza #1: alfredo, artichoke hearts, olives, tomatoes, spinach, garlic, onion, green pepper
  • Pizza #2: tomato sauce, turkey sausage, onions, green pepper, garlic
  • garlic powder for both
  • and olive oil brushed on the crust after about 20 mins in the oven (cooked until lightly brown
the pizzas turned out beautifully and to the delightful pleasure of all tastebuds involved.

...and after clean up, refrigeration of leftovers, a little tv, and sharing the company of my husband, the animals of the house, and my In-Laws, the night, surprisingly and unexpectedly turned out to be a relatively great one.....

No comments:

Post a Comment